Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced the launch of a 12.1-inch WXGA TFT-LCD module designed for use in harsh outdoor environments, such as on construction sites and in heavy-duty vehicles, as well as in industrial applications and in agricultural use.
The new modules will offer an unprecedented combination of advanced features, including high-resolution WXGA (1,280 × 800 pixels), super-wide 176-degree horizontal/vertical viewing angles and a high luminosity of 1,500 cd/m2. They will additionally feature a high contrast ratio of 1,000:1, a versatile operating-temperature range of -40 to +80 degrees Celsius and will have high resistance to vibration, attributes for which there is increasing market demand.
- Wide operating-temperature range and high vibration resistance
- Rugged components enable use in extreme temperatures ranging from -40 to +80 degrees Celsius.
- Optimized mechanical design achieves high vibration resistance of 6.8Gs (7x greater than 1.0Gs of existing Mitsubishi Electric "AA-" products) allowing compression mounting (LCD peripherals attached to chassis from behind) or 1.5Gs for side mounting (attached to chassis via side openings).
- 2)High resolution, super-wide viewing angles and high luminosity suited for diverse measuring instruments and installations
- High-resolution (WXGA) screen capable of handling dense text and images.
- Super-wide viewing angle of 176 degrees, both horizontally and vertically, ensures excellent visibility in a wide range of installation scenarios.
- High luminosity of 1,500 cd/m2 and a high contrast ratio of 1,000:1 providing excellent visibility even in bright environments. Dimming ratio from 1 to 100 percent assures visibility at any level of ambient brightness.
- Newly-designed TFT panel improves the NTSC color gamut by 70 percent over the previous model (AA121TH), providing vibrant graphics.
These models are compliant with the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and
Electronic Equipment (RoHS) directive 2011/65/EU and (EU) 2015/863.