+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for embedded world 2020. +++
The Alvium Series is different. It redefines what embedded vision cameras can do. It was designed from scratch to create value for our customers and offers system designers a previously unknown level of freedom. Produced in high quality in Germany, Alvium builds on Allied Vision’s 30 years of machine vision expertise to set new benchmarks in the embedded world. At the heart of the Alvium Camera Series is Allied Vision’s revolutionary ALVIUM Technology – a custom ASIC packed with exciting features and 30 years of machine vision industry expertise.
- Utmost flexibility – As a platform for the Alvium Camera Series, ALVIUM Technology provides infinite flexibility to adjust and upgrade your system and offers great connectivity within the Alvium world.
- Energy-efficient – Low power architecture and intelligent power management. Unlike the FPGAs commonly used in machine vision cameras, the ALVIUM Technology ASIC is very power-efficient thanks to its much higher integration density. Intelligent power management ensures that it shuts down functionality that is not in use and only draws power when necessary.
- Higher performance, lower costs – A collection of image processing and control features for perfect images right from the camera. These allow system engineers to transfer specific image corrections and preprocessing tasks from the host to the camera in order to improve performance or reduce system costs.
- Cost-optimized design – With its standardized interfaces and the provided drivers, cameras using the ALVIUM Technology ASIC are easy to integrate and can save the engineer much time. And switching from one model to another does not require any change of code.
- ALVIUM Technology offers our customers outstanding value by combining high performance with huge versatility
All Allied Vision Alvium cameras share the same platform. This makes it easy to switch from one feature set or sensor to another when prototyping, upgrading or downgrading your system. Currently, there are two Alvium Camera Series available: Alvium 1500 and Alvium 1800.
Alvium 1800 Series
Bridging the gap between machine vision and embedded vision, the Alvium 1800 Series is our crossover camera series. With an industrial-grade design and various triggering functions, the camera series combines the advantages of industrial machine vision cameras with the benefits offered by embedded sensor modules. With its USB3-Vision-compliant interface, it brings the benefits of the industrial GenICam standard to the embedded world. In addition to providing sophisticated image control and triggering features, it can be operated with embedded and PC-based platforms.
The Alvium 1800 Series offers a range of options for migrating from PC-based machine vision to an embedded setup. The ALVIUM Technology platform not only supports easy sensor and functionality upgrades within the Alvium world, but also makes it easy to switch from PC-based image processing applications to embedded systems thanks to common standards.