A standard battery pack is the key component for any portable device. We offer them in different housing shapes, a variety of performance characteristics and with a intelligent communication interface. Thus, our smart batteries are suitable for all kinds of electronic manufacturers, including robotics and drones.
Whether you are looking for lithium polymer or lithium ion batteries, high energy density or a special packaging design: our 30 years of experience are incorporated into each of our products.
From this knowledge we continuously challenge ourselves to set even higher standards not only regarding the housing’s design, but also in terms of quality and performance by striving to exceed our competition’s products.
These characteristics are especially important in today’s global market as well as in highly demanding markets such as the medical sector, where quality and reliability are the number one priorities.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Worldwide approvals, including UL2054; UN 38..3 IEC62133;
- No development costs
- Smart batteries with numerous features according to the SMBus specification
- Integrated LED State of Charge (SoC) indicator
- State-of-the-art lithium-ion cells with the market’s highest energy density
- High discharge performance
- JEITA charging profile optimization
- Numerous safety features:
- CUV (Cell Under Voltage), protection against deep discharge
- COV (Cell Over Voltage), protection against over charge
- OTC (Over Temperature in Charge): Protection against overheating while charging
- oTD (Over Temperature in Discharge): Protection against overheating during discharging
- All safety features are redundant
- SHA-1 cryptosystem to prevent plagiarism
- Increased ESD protection up to 8kV
- Registered for all recycling systems
Different housings design and performance
POWERPAQS for the highest performance requirements in terms of storable capacity and discharge performance
The workhorses of the portfolio of standard batteries are based on 18650 cells and are optimized in different configurations depending on performance and capacity requirements. These batteries contain a redundant safety circuitry concept and also a smart Battery Management System (BMS).
FLATPAQS for very flat and compact applications
Smart multi-cell lithium-ion battery packs have been traditionally manufactured exclusively with cylindrical cells in the 18650 format.
Battery packs with prismatic cells are currently typically used in the consumer market’s products (smartphones, etc.).
RRC has developed the FLATPAQ portfolio, a new family of standard batteries with different combinations of prismatic cells. These battery packs are equipped with a multi-level safety circuitry and a smart Battery Management System (BMS). The extremely flat standard battery with only approx. 8 mm is ideal for any application that aims for a particularly slim design. It is conceivable, e.g. to incorporate it behind a display or the PC board, which enables a tablet-like device design for medical or industrial applications.