Windows Embedded Compact is a real time operating system from Microsoft for embedded devices. For many applications it represents a real alternative to other real time operating systems found in the market.
We use Windows Embedded Compact successfully in industrial measurement technology. Many solutions are managed without an integrated graphical user interface and have to guarantee high availability and long term stability.
We support our customers in all questions regarding the adaption of the operating system to the customers hardware:
- Adapting the Windows Embedded Compact-Kernel, providing the OEM Adaption Layer (OAL) and also the Board Support Package (BSP)
- Implementation of first-stage and second stage boot loaders with recovery functionality
- Implementation of system services for system-wide tasks such as communication, monitoring, logging and update
- Support for asymmetric multiprocessing on multicore architectures including hardware aided isolation of the parallel working systems
It goes without saying that we also take on the development of the application software in C++ or C#.
By the ability to link all system components to networks new requirements on securing all interfaces of devices in the field arise. In our solutions modern cryptographic methods - even hardware aided - for authentication of users and authorisation of data connections are included. We support gapless 'Secure Boot', including a remote update procedure, on all devices in te field.
- Analyser for calibration requiring detection of the useful heat of natural gas (x86)
- Adaptation of Windows Embedded Compact for a modular hardware plattform for gas chromatographs (XILINX Zynq)
- Firmware development for a family of continuously measuring gas analysers based on laser-diode-spectrometry measuring principles (XILINX Zynq)
- mobile plattform for position tracking and documentation at contruction sites (Freescale iMX6)