Writing configuration data, reading measured values or streaming video data: In many FPGA-based applications, a host needs to access a programmable device. Why develop this functionality yourself, if Enclustra offers a proven, flexible and cost-effective solution with the FPGA Manager IP Solution?
The Enclustra FPGA Manager communication solution enables simple and efficient data transfer between an (embedded) host PC and an FPGA via various interfaces such as USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet or PCI Express. The solution includes a host library and an IP core for the FPGA. The host application can communicate with the FPGA via a simple API consisting of read/write commands that hides the complexity of the underlying protocols. Both streaming and memory mapped accesses are supported.
High bandwidths are no problem
If particularly high data rates are required, PCI Express shows its strengths: The FPGA Manager PCIe achieves a bandwidth of over 1500 MBytes/s with PCIe Gen2 ×4. Enclustra is continuously developing its IP cores to improve performance and adapt them to new technologies.
The Enclustra FPGA Manager IP solution supports Enclustra's standard FPGA modules, such as the Xilinx Zynq-based Mars ZX3 in compact SO-DIMM format or the Mercury SA1 module with integrated dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor equipped with the Intel Cyclone V SoC, as well as proprietary FPGA boards.
Quick start with the Evaluation Kit
The FPGA Manager Evaluation Kit is a universal platform for a quick introduction to application development. It supports PCIe, Ethernet and USB 3.0 and is a ready-to-use hardware platform with reference design to shorten your development time and increase your productivity.
- Simplifies host-to-FPGA communication by hiding the complexity of the underlying protocols
- Available for PCIe, USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and Gigabit Ethernet
- Supports custom applications in C, C ++, C#, and MATLAB
- Available for Windows and Linux
Functions and advantages:
- High bandwidth streaming data transmission
- Efficient way to transmit data in both directions simultaneously on up to 16 channels
- Versatile memory mapped accesses
- FPGA configuration
- Interface-independent software API
- Easy integration into an FPGA design
- Works with standard and embedded PCs and various programming languages
- high-speed communication
- embedded computing
- digital signal processing
- data acquisition
- Image processing.