H-Chip Aluminum Polymer capacitors provide a low profile surface mount (SMT) package. The main advantage of this capacitor design is the extremely low ESR and ESL. This is the reason why H-Chips are the perfect solution for input and output capacitors of SMPS.
H-Chips are a suitable alternative for tantalum capacitors and MLCC´s. In comparison to tantalum capacitors, there is no voltage derating related to rated voltage necessary and they are not flammable.
Compared to MLCC´s, H-Chips do not have a DC-Bias behavior. Furthermore, H-Chips offer a more stable temperature performance compared to Class 2 ceramics (e..g. X7R / X5R) and have a long lifetime performance.
H-Chips will be available in four different product series:
- WCAP-PHGP: General Purpose
- WCAP-PHET: Extended Temperature 125 °C
- WCAP-PHLE: Low ESR
- WCAP-PHSE: Super Low ESR
The main characteristics are:
- Capacitance range: 15 µF up to 560 µF
- Rated Voltage: 2 V(DC) up to 35 V(DC)
- Temperature range: -55 °C up to 125 °C
- Endurance: 1000 h up to 2000 h
- ESR: 3 mΩ up to 40 mΩ
H-Chip Aluminum Polymer Capacitors are typically used in the following applications:
- Input and output capacitors for SMPS
- Noise suppression
- DC/DC Converter
- Telecommunication & base stations