The PAC7620 is a sensor that integrates a gesture recognition function and communicates via the I2C or SPI interface. It can internally recognize 9 gestures such as example: up, down, left, right, forward, backward, circular motion-in and counter-clockwise recognize. In addition, it is possible to query values such as the object size, brightness and position as well as the output of the raw data.
The registers of the module can not only read the recognized gesture but also make some settings such as: "Operation Distance Adjustment", "Up / Down / Left / Right Sensitivity Adjustment", "Push / Pull Sensitivity Adjustment", "Wave Adjustment" and "Rotation Adjustment". With the integrated gesture recognition function you save the usual evaluation by software on a high-performance controller. With its LGA housing (5.2mm x 3mm x 1.8mm) with 13-pin it is almost invisible even in small devices usable.
A 10K unit price of less than 4 US$ makes these sensors interesting for many applications.
• Highly integrated with Gesture sensor, Lens & LED in one module
• HW built-in 9 gestures : Up/ Down/ Left/ Right/ Push/ Pull/ CW/ CCW/ Wave
• Gesture/Cursor/Image modes
• Sensitivity Adjustment
• Max Distance : 20cm (PAJ7620U2) ; 30cm (PAJ7620F2)
• Low power consumption : 2.5mA (active)
• Module size: 5.2x3x1.88 mm3 (PAJ7630U2, Reflowable)