C*DEV, S*DEV, M*DEV
Controller, Standard and Multicore Virtual Platform Developer Products
The Imperas Developer products consist of tools, models and infrastructure components critical for the high quality, rapid development and verification of embedded software, utilizing virtual platforms. The Developer products provide the necessary capabilities to develop platforms, including software simulation capability to execute embedded code on the platforms.
To enable the rapid creation of accurate and efficient virtual platforms, the Developer products contain:
- Imperas Model Library, a comprehensive range of processor, platform and peripheral models
- iGen Model Generator, which automates the creation of a code framework for new models, simplifying the laborious and error prone initial phase of model generation. These models are built around the platform development infrastructure of Open Virtual (OVP), an open industry standard noted for enabling the efficient modeling of virtual platforms that leverages industry standards
- Targeted simulation solution for the execution of embedded code, dependent on the processor capability required. The simulator can operate with GDB and the Eclipse IDE, as well as the Imperas Multicore Software Design Kit.
The products are divided into three product groups based on processor type and capabilities, as follows:
- The Controller Developer (C*DEV) contains capability for the development of code for single processor or single core multi-processor systems, primarily controllers.
- The Standard Developer (S*DEV) targets homogeneous systems, which may include several single or multi-processor cores of the same type..
- The Multicore Developer (M*DEV) includes a complete range of functionality for systems using single or multi-processor cores in homogeneous or heterogeneous configurations.
The Imperas Model Library
Imperas has developed an extensive model library of processors, peripherals and reference platforms for use in Virtual Platforms.
The model library contains more than 160 models of CPU devices from most of the major embedded processor vendors. Included in this extensive range are the complete families of the ARMv4, ARMv5, ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv8 architecture-based processors, including models of the ARM Cortex-M, Cortex-R and Cortex-A series of devices. The entire collection of the Imagination MIPS 32 and 64 bit processor models is also contained in the library. Processors such as the PowerPC, OpenCores OR1K, the Renesas v850 processor range, Altera Nios II, Xilinx Microblaze, and the Synopsys ARC range are all modeled at the Instruction Accurate (IA) level. There are also models of the open source RISC-V RV32 and RV64 processors. All processor functionality is faithfully reproduced, including noted hard-to-model capabilities, such as ARM’s TrustZone and virtualization features.
Almost one hundred common peripheral models may also be downloaded from the library.
All models are available directly from the www.OVPworld.org/library
The Imperas Simulation System
The Imperas models and simulator enable high performance simulation of systems running embedded software using the production un-modified binaries of the embedded software. The embedded software running cannot tell that it is not running on physical hardware but is running on a simulated, virtual platform model, of the physical hardware.
For more information about Imperas, please see www.Imperas.com. Follow Imperas on LinkedIn, twitter @ImperasSoftware and YouTube.