Magellan Systems Japan – GNSS Inertia Measurement System Overview
MSJ’s GNSS inertia measurement system (GNSS IMS), which combines MSJ’s unique GNSS module and IMU (Inertia Measurement Unit), provides high accurate position, velocity, attitude and timing for automated control of industrial equipment, farming machines and robots, etc. MSJ’s GNSS IMS has big advantages at cost-effective solution and robust against disturbances. The GNSS RTK module, which provides centimeter level accuracy, and cost-effective MEMS sensors are tightly integrated with MSJ proprietary motion detection and control algorithm.
• Sophisticated coupling technology of the combination of high precision GNSS system and IMU Magellan Systems Japan’s sophisticated coupling technology (Tight Coupled Integration and Ultra-Tight Coupled Integration) of the combination of high precision GNSS system and IMU provides stable and accurate position, attitude, time and velocity.
Control of moving vehicles becomes more challenging when farming sloped / uneven ground. Thus, roll (tilt from side to side), pitch (tilt from front to back) and yaw (turn around vertical axis) alter location of the positioning antenna with respect to other parts of the vehicle. To compensate for these attitude-caused challenges, most auto-guidance systems include an IMU to gives stable position and accurate position.
• Cost Efficient in comparison with conventional products, Magellan Systems Japan’s unique combination of the GNSS receiver and the IMU, for the IMS (Inertial Measurement System) can achieve effective cost reduction.
▪ GPS + GLONASS L1 RTK receiver which reduced circuit size and uses common component.
▪ IMU uses affordable MEMS sensors
▪ Agricultural Machine
▪ Industrial/Construction machine
▪ Personal Mobility/Electric Wheelchair
▪ Drone/UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Administered by “Project to create and
support core regional enterprises” of Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)