Qt (pronounced “Cute”) is a comprehensive open-community framework built on top of C++. Designed to provide a consistent GUI on all platforms, Qt runs on all desktop, mobile, and nearly all embedded hardware. It provides simple declarative user interface creation with QML and is supplied with many varieties of graphical objects, including 3D graphics, and data visualization charts/graphs. It has the ability to create fluid animations on constrained hardware.
Running as it does on top of C++, which is a powerful, mature language, Qt benefits from C++’s highly optimized compilers, with best runtime performance and tightest memory control of all commonly used languages. C++ does not have a UI option built-in, so Qt is a natural add-in, with some of its own language extensions specific for run-time types, dynamic properties, and GUI event handling.
At KDAB, we consider Qt to be the overall best option for most application development, particularly where there is a UI requirement. There are a number of reasons for this:
- Multi-platform: Developers can target multiple platforms with the same code base
- Performance: Compact, high-performance applications are the norm
- Innovation: Qt focuses on innovation rather than infrastructure coding
- Licensing: Flexible licensing options abound: Commercial, LGPL, and GPL
- Professional services, support, and training: There’s plenty of all three
- Breadth and depth: Developers can find nearly anything they need
ISO Certified KDAB offers consulting, workshops, mentoring, in-house design services, effective processes and tools as well as market leading training in Qt, modern C++, OpenGL and more. If you embark on using Qt, KDAB can help.
Contact us at: email@example.com