Extremely fast real-time applications based on the EtherCAT technology can be implemented.
For example motion control, PLC or real-time measurement applications with cycle times down to 50 microseconds can be implemented.
Core components are a high performance and robust real-time extension as well as the power acontis EC-Master EtherCAT master stack which is perfectly integrated into the underlying real-time extension.
Today, hardware platforms usually are multi core systems. Windows then runs on separate CPU cores while the real-time application and the master stack run on their own, dedicated ones. High performance drivers for Intel and Realtek Ethernet controllers guarantee best performance with lowest CPU consumption.
EC-Win also supports synchronization of the PC with the EtherCAT slaves using the Distributed Clocks feature. The solution can be complemented with the EC-Engineer configuration and diagnosis/monitoring tool.
Development and debugging of both, the Windows and the real-time/EtherCAT part of the customer’s application is done using the powerful Microsoft Visual Studio tools.
Using EC-Win customers get a means to avoid costly plug-in cards as well as separate hypervisors or Windows real-time extensions.
The integrated System Manager Tool provides a graphical environment which integrates all necessary configuration and development steps:
- Assign EtherCAT compatible hardware to the real-time environment
- Optionally assign additional hardware to the real-time environment
- Real-time analysis and optimization
- GUI based CPU assignment and memory configuration for Windows and the real-time environment
- Selection of pre-build EtherCAT applications
- Integration into Microsoft Visual Studio, automatically create applications based on shipped examples
Overview of the most important EC-Win features:
- Extreme fast and powerful Windows real-time platform, Win32 compatible
- Development and Debugging based on Microsoft Visual Studio
- Utilization of an arbitrary number of CPU Cores for the real-time application
- Powerful EtherCAT Class A Master, all Master Feature Packs can be used.
- Both, the EC-Engineer configuration and diagnosis tool as well as the EC-Master remote interface can be connected with the master via a fast Shared Memory connection.
- Remote-Link to the master stack from external systems via TCP/IP using an integrated gateway (e.g. EC-Engineer, EC-Lyser).
- System Manager Tool: Integration of all configuration and development steps within one GUI