NetX and NetX Duo are Express Logic’s high-performance implementations of TCP/IP protocol standards. NetX provides a streamlined, IPv4 capable TCP/IP stack, while NetX Duo is Express Logic’s new TCP/IP stack that provides both IPv4 and IPv6 capabilities in a dual-stack product. Both NetX and NetX Duo are fully integrated with ThreadX and are available for all supported processors. NetX and NetX Duo have a unique Piconet™ architecture. Combined with a zero-copy API, they are a perfect fit for today’s deeply embedded applications that require network connectivity.
NetX Duo Features
NetX Duo conforms to RFC standards and offers complete interoperability with devices from other vendors. NetX Duo offers several new capabilities. For the first time, nodes can configure their interface addresses automatically through the Stateless Address Autoconfiguration protocol. Nodes also can use layered structures to enable devices more efficiently to process IPv6 headers.
NetX Duo implements the following protocols:
- All IPv4 features available in NetX 5.x
- IPv6 header and extension header processing
- Neighbor Discovery Protocol
- Router Discovery Protocol
- Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
- Duplicate Address Detection
NetX and NetX Duo provide a complete set of protocol components that comprise the TCP/IP standard, including the following:
- Flexible Packet Management
- Internet Protocol (IP)
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Reverse Address Resolution Protocol (RARP)
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
Additional components, including AutoIP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, NAT, POP3, PPP, SMTP, SNMP, SNTP, Telnet, TFTP, and a BSD-compatible socket layer, are also available for NetX.
NetX and NetX Duo are implemented as a C library. Only the features used by the application are brought into the final image. The minimal footprint of NetX is as small as 5KB on CISC processors.