- Intel XScale IXP435 533 MHz processor
- 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM
- 512 MB NAND Flash for data storage
- 32 MB NOR Flash to store OS
- Fanless and rugged design for rolling stock applications that require EN 50155 standards
- Extra Wi-Fi and cellular slots for cross-operator expansions
- Wi-Fi, Cellular, and GPS modules for full communications mobility
- Independent, software-based power control of cellular modules
- Ready-to-run embedded Linux operating system
- -25 to 70°C wide temperature models available
The UC-8481 embedded computer comes with 2 RS-232/422/485 serial ports, 2 Ethernet ports, 4 digital input channels, 4 digital output channels, a CompactFlash socket, and 2 USB 2.0 ports.
The computer uses the Intel XScale IXP435 533 MHz RISC CPU. This powerful computing engine supports several useful communication functions, but will not generate too much heat. The built-in 32 MB NOR Flash ROM and 512 MB SDRAM give you enough memory to run your application software directly on the UC-8481, and the 512 MB NAND Flash can be used to provide additional data storage.
Mostly importantly, the UC-8481 series comes with seven connectors that allow users to connect various wireless and GPS modules, making it particularly well-suited for rolling stock and moving vehicles. The UC-8481 is a convenient cornerstone for customizing intelligent, cost-effective wireless communication platforms.
With an embedded Linux operating system pre-installed, the UC-8481 series provides an open software platform perfect for custom-authored software. Software written on desktop PCs can be easily ported to the UC-8481 via a common compiler, without any modification of code. This makes the UC-8481 an optimal solution for industrial applications, allowing ample customization with minimal cost and effort.
In addition, the UC-8481 comes in a wide-temperature model designed to operate reliably in extremes from -25° to 70° C.