Cortus SAS is a technology leader in ultra-low power, silicon efficient microcontroller IP cores for embedded system on chip (SoC) applications. The company offers a range of seven 32-bit cores based on a very efficient common modern RISC architecture but offering a range of computational performances and silicon areas. The cores are supported by peripherals, software development tools, debug solutions and RTOS. Peripherals include Ethernet 10/100, USB 2.0 and USB OTG.
Products based on Cortus’ microcontroller cores have been manufactured in a wide range of silicon processes from 0.35 µm (AMS) to 28 nm (Intel). To date well over 800 million devices have been manufactured containing Cortus processor cores.
Cortus offers two compatible processor families: the v1 family is designed to offer the smallest core without compromising performance and the v2 family is designed to prioritise code density and therefore reduce the size of instruction memory.
The v1 product family consists of four microcontroller IP cores and is ideal for applications with simpler firmware:
- APS1 is the World’s smallest 32-bit processor core.
- APS3R delivers outstanding energy efficiency.
- APS5 offers high integer performance
- FPS6 for floating point performance.
The v2 product family has an advantage in applications with more complex firmware and larger non-volatile memories. It comprises three IP cores.
- APS23 for applications requiring outstanding power consumption
- APS25 for applications requiring higher integer performance
- FPS26 for applications requiring single precision floating point performance.
The Cortus IP cores are suitable for a wide range of applications including:
- Internet of things (IoT) edge and gateway devices
- SIM cards
- Smart cards
- Wireless communication devices including Bluetooth LE, Wi-Fi, NFC, MIMO, etc
- Smart metering
- Touch screen controllers for tablet computers and smartphones
- Sensor control
- Medical monitoring devices
- Motor control
- Industrial control applications
- Automotive applications
- Domestic appliances
The company is headquartered in Montpellier, France with offices in California, Korea, Taiwan, Germany & UK and partners in Asia and North America. For more information visit the Cortus website.
Cortus S.A.S. offers you products from these product groups:
- Components (459)
- Hardware devices and modules for secure embedded systems (121)
- Tools (734)
- Services (774)