Samtec is one of the worldwide leading manufacturer of electromechanical components.
The company was founded in 1976 in New Albany, Indiana and occupies today more than 3000 employees.
Founder Sam Shine’s philosophy to allow a quick and accurate supply of connectors and cables without MOQs, has been enhancing over the years. In the meantime, Samtec advanced to a system supplier and offers a wide range of high speed-, micro-, edge card-, backplane- and rugged connectors.
In-house manufactured ribbon-, coaxial- and active optical cables in nearly all possible configurations can be tailored with Samtec connectors.
Samtec owns six production facilities in USA, Costa Rica, Malaysia, Singapore and China, which enables the delivery of most components within just a few working days. However, delivery time is only one aspect that characterizes Samtec’s “Sudden Service“.
A further aspect is the possibility to configurate all cables 24h a day, 7 days a week with our “Online Solutionator®”.
This enables all developers to benefit from Samtec’s technical support even outside business hours. Additionally, a new visual online tool ”Search by Picture”, can be used to design each connector individually in terms of number of contacts, pitch, stacker height, plating etc.
All important information such as 3D models, test reports, PCB - layouts and price information can be seen with just one click. At the same time, the customer can request a free sample of the selected configuration.
Real-time performance simulations for assemblies can be retrieved with the new Simulator ™.
The Simulator ™ integrates and provides data from separate models to project insertion loss, return loss, NEXT and FEXT, along with supporting eye patterns.
Our “Sudden Service“ has already been ranked number 1 five times in a row by the Bishop Report.
This means in practice for our customers:
- Largest product selection worldwide, without a minimum order quantity
- Possible configurations are exceeding the displayed examples in the paper catalogue.
- All parts are customized
- Design and development support for custom components and cables
- Technical telephone service as well as on-site support of design and processing
- Quotation, order processing and production of samples within 24 hours
- Short lead times by shipping directly from Samtec’s six production locations
- The new Solutionator® and the Search by Picture App helps customers to easily build the right part number for their application.
All important information such as 3D models, test reports, PCB - layouts and price information can be seen with just one click and samples can be ordered in the same step.