PROFIBUS® DP Slave Controller with Serial Interface and the smallest PROFIBUS slave ASIC of them all.
profichip`s VPC3+S is a communication chip with an 8-bit parallel, SPI, or I²C microprocessor interface for intelligent PROFIBUS Slave applications. Features described in the DP-V2 extension, as Slave-to-Slave communication Data eXchange Broadcast (DXB), clock synchronization, and the Isochronous-Mode (IsoM), are also provided.
The VPC3+S handels the message and address identification, checks the data security sequences and protocol processes for PROFIBUS DP. It also supports acyclic communication and alarm messages, described in the DP-V1 extension.
Automatic baud rate recognition and support of data transmission rates up to 12 Mbit/s, the complete PROFIBUS DP protocol integration, 4 kB communication RAM, and flexible processor interfaces are features to create state-of-the-art PROFIBUS Slave applications.
- SPI, I²C, parallel interface
- 4 kB communication RAM
- Function and software compatible with VPC3+C and SPC3 from Siemens
- Supports PROFIBUS DP-V0, DP-V1 and DP-V2 protocols
- HW-PLL for DP-V2 – ISOM
- Ultra low power, Vcc 3.3 V
- Software stack and Evaluation kit
- BGA48 / LQFP48 package or proficonn® module