Cadence Design and Verification IP for Automotive Ethernet
With our long history of designing Ethernet IP and contributing to Ethernet standards like IEEE 802.3 and extensions, Cadence speeds the design process, enabling customers to efficiently verify the IP itself and integrate it into their designs.
Cadence helps the automotive industry adopt key Ethernet standards, evolve to higher Ethernet speeds, and meet consumer demand for high-performance in-vehicle networking applications with Ethernet IP, system-level verification, and physical channel simulation.
Find out more about our offerings in:
▪ Automotive Ethernet MAC design IP
▪ Simulation of standard interfaces
▪ Physical Ethernet channel simulation
▪ Rapid system-level verification
Systems like infotainment, advanced driver assist systems, gateways, switches, and other high-performance electronic control units (ECU) will be all equipped with automotive Ethernet interfaces to enable high-performance data communication within the vehicle. In addition, Ethernet end points like cameras, antenna modules, and sensors will also support automotive Ethernet.
Automotive Ethernet MAC Design IP
Our Automotive Ethernet MAC supports three different operating speeds (10/100/1000M) and is widely licensed for high-volume production. It enables:
▪ Deterministic real-time data transfer for safety critical applications such as reliable anti-lock braking
▪ High data bandwidth, accurate timing, and high quality of service (QoS) to synchronize and transmit audio/video streams, using audio/video bridging (AVB) for camera-based driver-assist systems
The design IP also enables the highest quality synchronization of multiple media streams by supporting the IEEE 802.1AS and 802.1Qav standards. In order to build highly integrated Ethernet-based ECUs Cadence provides key design IP such as:
▪ Ethernet Media Access Controller including software stack
▪ n-port configurable audio video bridging (AVB) Ethernet switch
▪ 100 MBit/s Ethernet PHY
▪ 1 GBit/s Ethernet PHY
The accompanying physical coding sublayer (PCS) and connectivity IP let you interface Cadence and third-party MAC IP to standard interfaces. It is compliant with the IEEE 802.3 specifications for 1G and 10G Ethernet PCS layers. Our Ethernet PCS solutions ease integration of MAC IP with a broad range of PHY.
▪ Full featured 10/100/1000M automotive Ethernet MAC
▪ Embedded real-time clock and time stamp unit
▪ Hardware support for AVB including priority queuing and traffic shaping
▪ RMII, RGMII and SGMII interfaces to off-chip PHY
▪ AHB or AXI4 compliant DMA bus master on-chip interface
▪ TLM model - virtual prototyping