Welcome to embedded world Newsroom!
“The jury is impressed by the limitless power of innovation shown by the embedded system developers,” comments Prof. Matthias Sturm, member of the jury and Chair of the Exhibition Advisory Board. The embedded award is presented for especially innovative products and developments in the categories of hardware, software and tools. On 27 February 2018, the first day of the exhibition, a jury of industry experts will recognise examples of outstanding performance in technical development. The sought-after awards will then be presented as part of the international press tour.
The countdown has started: in just a few days from now, this year’s winners, those with the most future-oriented ideas and developments, will be announced. Nine companies in total have been nominated in the categories of hardware, software and tools. The jury of experts, consisting of experts and researchers in the embedded sector, carefully examined the many outstanding submissions before reaching an independent decision. “This year we are once again excited to see the number of innovative ideas the embedded community has submitted,” says Prof. Matthias Sturm, member of the jury and Chair of the Exhibition Advisory Board. “The participants have not made it easy for us to whittle the total down to just nine entries. But we are very pleased to be able to announce them now.”
The nominations in the categories of hardware, software and tools are:
- Antenova Ltd: Antenova’s Robusta Antenna – Part No. SR4G031
- Infineon Technologies AG: OPTIGA™ Trust X
- NeoCortec: NeoMesh
- embedded trend GmbH & Co. KG: byET-Engine
- Wibu-Systems: Blurry Box Encryption Method
- XJTAG: XJTAG DFT Assistant
- Data I/O Corporation: SentriX
- emmtrix Technologies GmbH: emmtrix Parallel Studio
- iniNet Solutions GmbH: SpiderPLC
At 11:00 am on 27 February, Prof. Sturm will announce the winners in each category at the exhibitors’ forum in Hall 3A-610, and reveal the particular innovation underlying each winning product.
The members of the jury of experts in 2018 are:
- Prof. Roberto Oboe, Department of Technology and Management of Industrial Systems, University of Padua
- Prof. Albert Heuberger, Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
- Dr Erich Biemann, Bosch Automotive Electronics, Robert Bosch
- Prof. Matthias Sturm, Leipzig University of Applied Sciences, Chair of the embedded world Exhibition Advisory Board
- Joachim Kroll, Deputy Editor-in-Chief Electronics at technical publisher WEKA Fachmedien
- Bertold Brackemeier, Senior Manager Public Relations, NürnbergMesse