Travel by Car, Rail & Air
Not for nothing is Nuremberg the home of the DB Museum, also known as the Transport Museum. The city has been a major European transport hub in both the north-south and east-west directions for centuries. You can reach the exhibition centre quickly and directly via the motorway, rail network or Albrecht Dürer Airport Nürnberg.
Dynamic Traffic Guidance SystemIf you just enter "Nuernberg" in your navigation system, Europe’s most modern traffic and parking guidance system will guide you to your destination. This system adapts dynamically to the current traffic situation and directs you over free access roads to one of the 14,000 parking spaces around the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg.
Parking at NürnbergMesseVisitors can park in one of the multistorey car parks or other car parks on and around the exhibition site for EUR 9.00 per day. Parking tickets are obtainable on arrival. Parking spaces for disabled persons are available in front of the entrances to NürnbergMesse. Incidentally, parking permits for exhibitors can be conveniently ordered in the ExhibitorShop. If you prefer to stay in a caravan or mobile home, there is a camping site nearby.
High-speed trains like the ICE and national and international long-distance trains like the IC und EC stop at Nuremberg’s centrally located main station.
- Connection: U1 underground line in the direction of Langwasser as far as the "Messe" station; journey time eight minutes.
- Information about all other local public transport connections to NürnbergMesse can be requested online using the search function of the Nuremberg regional transport system (VGN)
Albrecht Dürer Airport Nürnberg won the renowned 'Business Traveller Award' as Germany’s best airport for the seventh time in succession in 2014. Frequent business flyers appreciate the quick handling, the compactness, the high quality of the service and, of course, the good access to the city centre and NürnbergMesse.
- Access to the U2 underground line to Nuremberg Röthenbach in front of the terminal
- Change at Nuremberg main station to the U1 underground line to Langwasser Süd, leaving the train at the ‘Messe’ station. Total journey time 25 minutes
- Alternatively by taxi from the airport to the exhibition centre (24 hours a day, journey time approx. 25 minutes); cost approx. EUR 27
- All the well-known car hire firms like Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Sixt are represented at Nuremberg airport
- The nearest international airports to Nuremberg airport are in Frankfurt am Main or Munich and can be reached with a connecting flight or by ICE in about an hour.