C*DEV, S*DEV, M*DEV
Controller, Standard and Multicore Virtual Platform Developer Products
The Imperas Developer products consist of tools, models and infrastructure components critical for the high quality, rapid development and verification of embedded software, utilizing virtual platforms. The Developer products provide the necessary capabilities to develop platforms, including software simulation capability to execute embedded code on the platforms.
To enable the rapid creation of accurate and efficient virtual platforms, the Developer products contain:
- Imperas Model Library, a comprehensive range of processor, platform and peripheral models
- iGen Model Generator, which automates the creation of a code framework for new models, simplifying the laborious and error prone initial phase of model generation. These models are built around the platform development infrastructure of Open Virtual (OVP), an open industry standard noted for enabling the efficient modeling of virtual platforms that leverages industry standards
- Targeted simulation solution for the execution of embedded code, dependent on the processor capability required. The simulator can operate with GDB and the Eclipse IDE, as well as the Imperas Multicore Software Design Kit.
The products are divided into three product groups based on processor type and capabilities, as follows:
- The Controller Developer (C*DEV) contains capability for the development of code for single processor or single core multi-processor systems, primarily controllers.
- The Standard Developer (S*DEV) targets homogeneous systems, which may include several single or multi-processor cores of the same type.
- The Multicore Developer (M*DEV) includes a complete range of functionality for systems using single or multi-processor cores in homogeneous or heterogeneous configurations.
Imperas has pioneered three technological advancements, which revolve around the simulation engine and its interaction with models and environment components to significantly improve the user experience, as follows:
- Unique, powerful capabilities targeting improved engineering efficiency, allowing hard to identify problems to be rapidly identified and rectified.
- High software execution performance enabling the largest code base to be run far faster than previously possible in a simulation based software development environment.
- Significant ease-of-use characteristics, driving an intuitive, recognizable user interface and reducing the environment learning curve.