The EtherCAT master stack library is specifically designed for embedded systems. This master provides best performance with lowest resource usage. Target platforms from small microcontrollers up to industrial PCs are supported. The library is written portable in ANSI-C.
Interfacing to the Ethernet network can be done either via the network driver of the underlying operating system or via an optimized link layer driver which uses DMA and zero-copy buffers.
All libraries and tools will be shipped in source code. The master stack is offered under a project based license, no royalties are necessary.
- Small footprint
- High performance: cycle times with 50 microseconds are possible even on small platforms
EtherCAT master features:
- EtherCAT Master ClassB feature (ETG.1500) and most important features from Class-A
- Supported EtherCAT mailbox protocols
- CoE (CAN over EtherCAT),
- EoE (Ethernet over EtherCAT)
- FoE (File over EtherCAT)
- VoE (Vendor specific)
- Distributed Clocks (DC)
- Slaveto-slave communication
- ENI configuration via XML file or as statically generated source code
- Cyclic communication in one or more cyclic tasks with different cycle times
- Configurable slave state monitoring
- Diagnostic features, statistics
- EtherCAT Master Monitor for controlling the master and slaves and for viewing and modifying the process variables
- ENI conversion tool for source code generation
- EtherCAT configuration library for integration in a custom configuration tool (available as separate product)
Supported CPU architectures:
- x86/x64, ARM CortexM / -R / -A, PowerPC
Supported operating systems:
- Linux (opt. with RT PREEMPT)
- QNX Neutrino RTOS
- "Bare metal"
- others on request
Optimized link layer drivers available for:
- Texas Instruments Sitara
- Intel i210 and PRO/1000
- NXP i.MX6
- NXP i.MX RT1050, NXP i.MX RT1064
- STMicroelectronics STM32F4, STM32F7, STM32H7 (coming soon)
- others on request
For more information, please visit www.industrial-ic.net
IBV provides professional development and integration services for industrial Ethernet technology, real-time and embedded systems.