+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for embedded world 2020. +++
- Support for CodeMeter Cloud: CodeMeter 7.0 introduces support for CodeMeter Cloud. With CodeMeter Cloud, licenses can be stored and used in the Wibu Cloud. Users or devices can now access their licenses online without having to carry a dongle or manually deactivate licenses beforehand. By selecting the license quantity, the software developer has the power to decide how many devices licenses can be used at the same time and manage connected IoT devices.
- Support for Java 13: CodeMeter 7.0 includes licensing and protection for applications developed with Java 13.
- Improved binding under Microsoft Azure for Linux guest systems: CodeMeter 6.90 already improved binding for Windows guest systems on Microsoft Azure. Licenses remain valid after moving virtual machines within Microsoft Azure, but they are invalidated when the connected virtual machine is copied or reset to an earlier state. The same functionality is now also available for Linux guest systems with CodeMeter 7.0.
- IP Protection mode: AxProtector .NET and AxProtector Java now come with the IP Protection Mode from CodeMeter Protection Suite 10.50 onward. This allows applications to be encrypted and provides secure protection against reverse engineering, without any need for a license and without CodeMeter Runtime having to be present on the user’s device. Still, the IP Protection Mode can be combined with licensing via CodeMeter, e.g. to require licenses for certain parts or features of an application, while keeping the remaining parts license-free. The entire application would remain safely protected by its encryption.
- New mode for native libraries: CodeMeter Protection Suite 10.50 introduces a new mode for Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) that decrypts protected code only after the first call of an encrypted function. This approach improves compatibility for certain compiler and linker settings.
- NET with multiple AppDomains: The compatibility of AxProtector .NET with applications using multiple AppDomains has been improved.