The Dimensity 800 5G SoC family incorporates high-end 5G features, performance and power-efficiency for New Premium 5G smartphones, bringing these cutting-edge technologies to more people than ever before. The first devices featuring Dimensity 800 Series SoCs are expected to launch in the first half of 2020.
MediaTek’s Dimensity 5G chipset family, which now includes both 1000 and 800 series', offers powerful system-on-chips (SoCs) with integrated 5G modems that deliver significant platform power savings compared to competitors that use two-chip designs. These single chip solutions offer an unrivaled combination of connectivity, multimedia, edge AI and imaging innovations packed into a single, ultra-efficient 7nm chip.
Unequalled 5G Features
- 2CC CA
- Standalone and Non-Standalone 5G NR
- Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) technology
- Full 2G-to-5G multi-mode
- Voice over New Radio (VoNR)
- Global sub-6GHz 5G network
Octa-Core with 4X 'Big' Performance Cores:
- 4X Arm Cortex-A76 up to 2GHz
- 4X Arm Cortex-A55 up to 2GHz
MediaTek’s APU 3.0 (AI Processing Unit):
- Quad-core APU 3.0
- Up to 2.5TOPS
- Up to four concurrent cameras
- Flagship-class AI-Camera enhancements
- World's first multi-frame 4K video HDR
- Up to 64MP sensors
- Hardware depth engine
The 800 series can support ultra-smooth Full HD+ displays up to 90Hz refresh rate.