eMCOS is the world's first real-time operating system (RTOS) for commercial use that supports scalability from single-core MCUs to multi-core, many-core processors to even multi-chip configurations. Its Service-Oriented “multi-kernel” architecture ensures best throughput, scalability and robustness everywhere. Furthermore, eMCOS is equipped with a unique et patented semi-priority-based scheduling algorithm. Along with high computing performance and multi-level scalability, eMCOS meets the hard real-time performance that is essential to mission- and safety-critical embedded systems.
Advantages of using eMCOS includes the following:
- Increased throughput while maintaining real-time performance
- World's first! Heterogenous core configurations supported by a single OS
- Efficient communication while maintaining full isolation of different levels of Safety applications
- Support of a wide range of core configurations without changing applications
- Straight-forward implementation of middleware platforms such as ROS, Autoware and AUTOSAR