The Alvium Series is different. It redefines what embedded vision cameras can do. It was designed from scratch to create value for our customers and offers system designers a previously unknown level of freedom. Produced in high quality in Germany, Alvium builds on Allied Vision’s 30 years of machine vision expertise to set new benchmarks in the
At the heart of the Alvium Camera Series is Allied Vision’s revolutionary ALVIUM Technology – a custom ASIC packed with exciting features and 30 years of machine vision industry expertise.
- Utmost flexibility – As a platform for the Alvium Camera Series, ALVIUM Technology provides infinite flexibility to adjust and upgrade your system and offers great connectivity within the Alvium world.
- Energy-efficient – Low power architecture and intelligent power management. Unlike the FPGAs commonly used in machine vision cameras, the ALVIUM Technology ASIC is very power-efficient thanks to its much higher integration density. Intelligent power management ensures that it shuts down functionality that is not in use and only draws power when necessary.
- Higher performance, lower costs – A collection of image processing and control features for perfect images right from the camera. These allow system engineers to transfer specific image corrections and preprocessing tasks from the host to the camera in order to improve performance or reduce system costs.
- Cost-optimized design – With its standardized interfaces and the provided drivers, cameras using the ALVIUM Technology ASIC are easy to integrate and can save the engineer much time. And switching from one model to another does not require any change of code.
- ALVIUM Technology offers our customers outstanding value by combining high performance with huge versatility
All Allied Vision Alvium cameras share the same platform. This makes it easy to switch from one feature set or sensor to another when prototyping, upgrading or downgrading your system. Currently, there are two Alvium Camera Series available: Alvium 1500 and Alvium 1800.
Alvium 1500 Series
To reduce your total system costs, the Alvium 1500 Series combines affordability with a design that offers more performance than previously available from an embedded system. Thanks to its integrated ISP, the series not only outperforms sensor modules but is also capable of doing basic image processing tasks internally.
Ensuring that the same driver works across every model in the range, the Alvium 1500 Series comes with a standard interface to the embedded board. Its ISP capabilities can also help to reduce system load.
The powerful and energy-efficient MIPI CSI-2 camera is optimized for embedded vision applications where the camera just needs to stream. The ISP (image signal processing) of ALVIUM Technology can take over some tasks from the embedded board, so the full performance of the board can be used for the image processing algorithms. Standardized drivers independent of the camera model ensure a quick integration and the flexibility to change camera models easily