The PicoCore™ Computer On Module product family has a new member, based on the NXP i.MX 8M Mini ARM® CPU, called PicoCoreMX8MM. The small size of 35 x 40mm only makes the module an ideal partner for compact housings. The module was designed for low power consumption and is very well suited for secure cloud connections.
The i.MX 8M Mini is NXP’s first embedded multi-core heterogeneous applications processor. It brings together high-performance computing, power efficiency, enhanced system reliability and embedded security, which is needed to drive the growth of fast-growing edge node computing, streaming multimedia, and machine learning applications.
At the heart is a scalable core complex of up to four ARM® Cortex®-A53 cores running up to 2GHz plus Cortex®-M4 based real-time processing domain at 400+ MHz.
The i.MX 8M Mini also packs-in hardware 1080p video acceleration to enable two-way video applications, 2D and 3D graphics to provide a rich visual HMI experience.
The PicoCore™ standard uses two plug connectors (Hirose DF40C) with 100 pins each. This results in compact size and low board-to-board distance.
- NXP i.MX 8M Mini
Cortex-A53 Dual/ Quad Core & Cortex-M4
- TFT MIPI-DSI, alternative LVDS
- 2D, 3D and Video HW acceleration
- Touch (4 wire-/ PCAP Touch) via I2C
- Up to 8GB LPDDR4 RAM/ 512MB SLC NAND Flash or 32GB eMMC
- Audio Line In/Out, Mic, Headphone (I2S also)
- USB 2.0 Device, USB 2.0 Host
- Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe, MIPI CSI
- 2x SPI, 4x I2C, 4x serial, (CAN)
- I/O, PWM, 2x SDIO (SD-Card)**, RTC*
- 5V with 3W typ.
- 0°C - +70°C
- WLAN/BT DualBand
- 2x100pin, 1.5mm to 3mm stacking height
- Available up to 2028