Embedded Trust is a security development environment, which simplifies the configuration of security, from the root of trust and key storage for a connected device to the creation of security profiles and projects.. It leverages the secure hardware created by leading silicon providers, such as Microchip Technology Inc., Renesas Electronics Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., and Cypress Semiconductor Corp., to provide the low-level trust anchors and secure services needed for trustworthy IoT solutions..
To address next-generation security requirements, Embedded Trust delivers a set of security features and capabilities at the inception of the project, including:
- Secure device support leveraging hardware trust anchors
- Integrated identity, ownership and certificate management
- Scalable Secure Boot Manager enabling secure lifecycle management
- Secure deployment with integrated manufacturing mastering
- Release management with versioning and update infrastructure
Embedded Trust enables companies to define how their certificate hierarchies will span across multiple product ranges, while enabling the creation of a product device framework that can be dynamically resolved and injected at manufacturing time. It enables customization of a Secure Boot Manager to achieve the level of security suitable necessary for all kind of device applications.