MAX10 FPGAs for modular applications
MX10 is a non-volatile and fully programmable SoM solution based on the MAX®10 family by Intel PSG. It incorporates advantages of MAX 10 FPGA such as instant-on functionality, integrated analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and dual configuration flash.
MX10 can be used with the standard baseboard (SpiderBase) as a complete building block or can be plugged into existing designs and products as functional part. It connects to its baseboard via a 230pins MXM2 connector and provides the ideal solution support for various soft-core CPUs, video-processing algorithms, etc.
The module delivers full-featured FPGA capabilities including support for various soft-core CPUs, advanced DSP and video-processing algorithms as well as external DDR3 controller.
USB Firmware for MX10 and SpiderSoM
MX10 and SpiderSoM modules provide a USB device interface implemented with PIC16F1454 microcontroller (MCU). On the SoM side the MCU is connected to three interfaces: serial (if the other side is implemented inside the FPGA), I2C bus (connected to the module PMIC, charge controller, RTC and FPGA), and FPGA JTAG programming interface.
On the host side Linux is supported as Operating System, currently Ubuntu16.04LTS is marked as a reference base.
- MAX 10 FPGA in F256 package
- module supports wide range of the devices: from 10M04DC to 10M50DA
- optional 4 MByte SPI NOR
- optional 4 GByte e.MMC
- optional 128/256/512MByte DDR3 DRAM (for 10M 16/25/40/50 FPGAs)
- programmable clock generator and PLL, with optional external reference input
- 178 FPGA GPIO pins, including 13 LVDS transmitters and 54 receivers
- RTC with battery backup
- programmable high-efficient PMIC, FPGA IO voltages are configurable
- optional Li-Ion/Li-Pol charger
- Size: 70mm x 35mm
While the SpiderSoM targets the area of IoT Maker applications MX10 was designed to be used in professional electronic designs in commercial applications.