NEMA®|pico - the smallest member of the NEMA®|GPU-Series, brings “smartphone-like” 2D/2.5D graphics user- interface experience packed in a very small silicon area for power-budget and cost- sensitive, small display devices with a SoC sporting just a 32Bit MCU. The single-core NEMA®|p GPU is the perfect candidate to support wearable and embedded devices, which don’t need the overhead of a “full” operating system, rather prefer the deterministic approach of a (Free) RTOS and also supports vector graphics where needed. Think Silicon provides to its customers their own proprietary lightweight API, NEMA®|GFX-API and with NEMA®|GUI-Builder a perfect tool to create your own Graphical User Interface (GUI) in a fraction of the time this usually takes.
NEMA®|p has been designed for graphics efficiency in ultra-compact silicon area. Its fixed-point data path and instruction set architecture (ISA) are tailored to GUIs acceleration and small display applications leading to substantial improvements in power consumption and silicon area.
NEMA®|p microarchitecture is based on a lean version of NEMA® ISA and combines hardware-level support for multi-threading, VLIW and low-level vector processing in the most power-efficient way. It features a smart IOMMU for easy integration while eliminating the unnecessary data traffic between host CPU and NEMA®|p.
- Fully programmable engine with a VLIW instruction set
- Fixed point functional units
- Command list based DMAs to minimize CPU overhead
- Compression schemes
- TSC4, TSC6, TSC6A
- 2D drawing:
- Pixel / Line drawing
- Filled rectangles
- Triangles (Gouraud Shaded)
- Blit support
- Rotation, Mirroring
- Stretch (independently on x and y axis )
- Source and/or destination color keying
- Format conversions
- RGB and YUV
- Text rendering supports
- A1 bitmap,A8 bitmap antialiased
- Subsampled antialiased
- Color formats
- 32/16/8 bit, with/out alpha, GreyScale, YUV, RGB.
- Full Alpha blending
- Programmable blending modes
- Source/Destination color keying
- Image transformation
- 3D Perspective Correct Projections
- Texture mapping
- Point sampling
- Bilinear filtering
- Compression Schemes
- TSC4, TSC6, TSC6A
- Cache Sizes
- Master Interface
- AMBA AHB 32bit
- AMBA AXI4 32/ 64bit
- Slave Interface
- AMBA AHB
- AMBA AXI4-Lite
NEMA®|GFX library which is available in pure ANSI C with no dependencies, allows easy portability to systems running RTOS or even to OS-less systems. The software package includes Linux drivers, Software Libraries for 2D Graphics APIs such as DirectFB and comes together with:
- NEMA®|GUI-Builder, a graphical cross-platform software framework enabling rapid high-end Graphics User Interface (GUI) development on low resource hardware
- NEMA®|PIX-Presso, a utility software for converting images to/from formats suitable for low power embedded devices
DirectFB support makes it an ideal solution for software development with application and Graphic User Interface (GUI) creation frameworks, such as Qt and GTK.
- OS support
- RTOS (NEMA®|GFX Library in ANSI C)
- Graphics API support
- Software Emulators and suites
Configuration/ Integration/ Verification
NEMA®|p can be customized at design-time choosing from a number of parameters that enable or disable several features of the design. This is done using NEMA®|p GUI Configurator, a Graphical User Interface Configurator Tool.
The NEMA®|p GPU IP Platform is available in Verilog and easy to integrate and verify. NEMA®|p ASIC reference designs have been evaluated in various process technologies.
NEMA®|p is designed with AMBA interfaces. The core has been verified through extensive simulation and rigorous code coverage measurements. It comes together with a complete verification suite that compares reference images with rendered images.