The True Random Number Generator (TRNG) Analog Noise Source is a physical entropy source compliant with the AIS 31 standard.
- robust, fully-integrated, state-of-the-art physical entropy source;
- differential jitter extraction through a PLL-based fully symmetric architecture;
- stochastic model of the entropy source for AIS 31 certification;
- asynchronous random clock signal output;
- random stream synchronization through an external sampling clock;
- typical characteristics of a 55 nm implementation:
--- compliant with the AIS 31 standard (Method A, Procedure A) up to 100 kbit/s;
--- with optional digital post-processing: fully compliant with the AIS 31 (Method A & B) and NIST SP 800-90B standards up to 100 kbit/s;
--- startup time shorter than 80 µs;
--- power-supply voltage range: 1.2 V ±10%;
--- operating current smaller than 40 µA;
--- standby current lower than 1 µA;
--- operating junction temperature range: -40°C to 125°C;
--- silicon area smaller than 0.02 mm².
- silicon proven in 130 nm, 110 nm, 65 nm and 55 nm CMOS processes;
- digital post-processing available separately.
- GDSII stream and layer map file;
- Library Exchange Format (LEF) file;
- Circuit Description Language (CDL) netlist;
- VHDL behavioral model and Liberty Timing File (.lib);
- design specification.