PEmicro's Multilink ACP and Multilink Universal are development interfaces which allow a PC access to the Background Debug Mode (BDM) or JTAG interface on ARM devices from several manufacturers (Multilnk ACP) and also many different NXP MCU architectures (Multilink Universal). They connect between a USB port on a Windows machine and the standard debug connector on the target. Headers for the supported architectures are located under an easy access panel that flips open. Ribbon cables suitable for a variety of architectures are included.
By using the Multilink ACP or Multilink Universal debug probes, the user can take advantage of the background debug mode to halt normal processor execution and use a PC to control the processor. The user can then directly control the target’s execution, read/write registers and memory values, debug code on the processor, and program internal or external FLASH memory devices.
These Multilinks work with PEmicro's in-circuit debuggers and flash programmers to allow debug and flash programming of the target processor. For many of the supported processors, P&E has a set of interface libraries allowing the user to write their own Windows based application which interacts with PEmicro's debug interface. LPCXpresso, Kinetis Design Studio, S32 ARM and Power, Somnium, IAR, Cosmic, Codesourcery, Keil, Atollic, and CodeWarrior software all support the use of PEmicro's Multilink ACP and Multilink Universal to develop and debug with NXP's Kinetis ARM devices.
This interface is USB 2.0 compatible, and it is also backwards compatible with USB 1.1 ports.
- USB interface from PC to Multilink allows for fast, easy programming and debugging -- with the ease and compatibility of the USB interface.
- Draws power from USB interface-- no separate power supply required (draws less than 1mA from the target).
- Target Voltage: 1.8V-5.25V
- Target Frequency: 16Khz-50Mhz (applies to HCS08,RS08,CFV1, S12Z, or HCS12X only)
- Compatible with Kinetis, HCS08, RS08, HC(S)12(X), S12Z, ColdFire V1/+V1, ColdFire V2-4, Qorivva MPC5xxx, DSC, STMicroelectronics' SPC56, and ARM devices from many manufacturers.
- Pipelined programming algorithms for some Power Architecture families that dramatically increase programming speed.
- ARM device support includes both the JTAG and SWD protocols
- Includes USB cable, Type A Male to Type B Male, 6-ft.
- Auto-frequency detection + trimming capabilities for HCS08 devices.
- Auto-frequency detection for HC(S)12(X) devices.
- Generates programming voltage on RESET line for RS08 devices.
- ARM Cortex devices: (supported by Multilink Universal and Multilkink ACP)
- NXP:Kinetis®, LPC
- Cypress:PSoC® 4
- Silicon Labs:EFM32, SiM3
- Texas Instruments:LM3S, LM4, TM4C12x
- Toshiba:TX00, TX03, & TX04
NXP 8-/16-/32-bit devices: (supported by Multilink Universal only)
- ColdFire +/V1
- ColdFire V2/3/4