The MXH83X Host/Target and NTB adapter are based in the new Microsemi Switchtec PFX switch. It comes in two variations, a MXH830 NTB Host Adapter and a MXH832 Host/Target Adapter. Each provides performance and advanced features.
The MXH830 Gen3 PCI Express NTB Host Adapter is our high performance clustering product. Based on Microsemi Switchtec® Gen3 PCI Express bridging architecture, the MXH830 host adapter includes advanced features for non-transparent bridging (NTB) and clock isolation.
For high performance application developers, the MXH830 host adapter combines 128 Gbit/s performance with an application to application latency starting just above 500 nanoseconds. Inter-processor communication benefits from the high throughput and low latency. Using the latest SmartIO technology software from Dolphin, GPU / Cuda applications can now stream data to remote GPUs at at the same speed as to local GPUs.
The MXH830 card comes with a full license to the Dolphin eXpressWare clustering software. This includes
- SISCI API - a robust and powerful shared memory programming environment for PCIe
- Standard TCP/IP drivers
- SuperSockets socket accelerator software
- SmartIO - access to remote PCIe devices over PCIe
- Board management software
The MXH832 Gen3 Host/Target Adapter is our high performance transparent solution for connecting servers to external I/O subsystems. Based on Microsemi® Gen3..1 PCI Express bridging architecture, the MXH832 adapter enables reliable transparent PCIe cable connections and clock isolation.
For high performance application, such as GPU farms, test and measurement equipment, medical equipment, and storage subsystem, the MXH832 delivers flexibility and performance with extremely high data quality. It combines 128 Gb/s performance with the low latency of PCI Express, which is ideal for external I/O Expansion systems.
The MXH832 card has a quad SFF-8644 cable connector and supports MiniSAS-HD cables as well as the new PCIe 3.0 cables. Using the MXH832 as both Host and Target, standard MiniSAS-HD cables enables basic transparent Host and Target operations including propagation of host reset signal to the downstream device.
The card also supports the new PCIe 3..0 cables and the new PCI-SIG CMI (Cable Management Interface ) protocol including WAKE and POWER-ON functionality as defined in the current PCI-SIG External Cable specification 3.0. When the MXH832 is used in conjunction with the new PCI-SIG external PCIe 3.0 cables, it can connected to any compliant downstream device.
The MXH832 is carefully designed for maximum cable lengths. Fiber optics extends this distance to 100 meters.
The MXH832 uses an on-board DIP-Switch to select between Host and Target operations and to set other operational parameters. The adapter cable port can be configured as four x4, two x8 or one x16 PCIe connections. The MXH832 Adapter card comes with the optional eXpressWare Board Management software for simplified monitoring and management. The adapter also comes with optional support for SMbus and configuration via a Board Management Controller.
The MXH832 card is a transparent product only. To utilize the Dolphin's PCIe NTB eXpressWare clustering software, you need to purchase the MXH830 PCIe Gen3 NTB adapter card.
- PCI Express® 3.1 compliant - 8.0 Gbps per lane
- Link compliant with Gen1 and Gen2 PCI Express
- PCI Express 3.0 or MiniSAS-HD® cables
- Quad SFF-8644 x4 Gen3 PCI Express NTB cable ports that can be configured as:
- One - x16 PCI Express transparent port
- Two - x8 PCI Express transparent ports
- Four - x4 PCI Express transparent ports
- One - x16 PCI Express non-transparent port
- Two - x8 PCI Express non-transparent ports
- Four - x4 PCI Express non-transparent ports
- Supports both copper and fiber-optic cables
- Host clock isolation support
- Low profile PCI Express form factor
- Dual EEPROM / Flash for safe custom system configuration
- Link status LEDs through face plate