The "OSB DA14585" RF module was designed in compliance with the Bluetooth 5.0 LE Specification and is based on the Dialog DA14585 single-chip controller.
The new Bluetooth 5.0 features enable a higher symbol rate of 2 Mbps and open field transmission rage up to 200 meters.
The new channel selection algorithm improves the performance in environments which are busy at 2.4 GHz.
Furthermore, the new Low Energy advertising extensions allow for much larger amounts of data to be broadcast in connectionless scenarios, are therefore favorable for beacon, and mesh applications.
A high output power of up to 0 dBm sensitivity of the Dialog DA14585 make the module very attractive in applications where a long range is required. The ultra-low current consumption of the OSB DA14585 Bluetooth 5.0 LE MESH Module make the module an ideal choice for battery powered devices. Various sleep modes can be used to minimize power consumption and prolong battery lifetime. To provide maximum flexibility, the module can be operated in hosted as well as standalone mode.
In standalone mode no external processor is necessary, which saves complexity, space, and cost. The built-in
1.024 kB serial flash memory is completely free for application use.
OSB DA14585 Bluetooth 5.0 LE MESH Module has a small form factor and footprint.
The integrated AI software allows a broad set of Plug & Play Features:
- 2 MBit Full Duplex Telnet Connection between Consumer Application and Android or iOS Device
- Up to 1 MBit Device to Device Connection with a 64 Devices MESH Network
- MESH Networking Background Repeater Function for other known devices
- Hidden MESH Networking Function
- Encrypted Communication Stack
- Audio Transmission Real Time or Delayed
- 2D relative Geo Positioning, Beacon Functionality
- Over the Air Software Update of features
- Integrated Plug & Play Firmware