The Matrix Orbital EVE Series has been updated to include the new 3rd Generation EVE (EVE3) BT81x ICs from Bridgetek. With the addition of the BT815 and BT816 ICs Bridgetek has improved and extended the capabilities from the previous generations of FT8xx Embedded Video Engine (EVE/EVE2) ICs. These new ICs provide engineers the ability to design and create dynamic Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) with display, audio and touch support.
New features of the BT81x include further memory management and system resource improvements, as well as, support for the Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression (ASTC) algorithm to provide significantly enhanced image quality without requiring additional bandwidth. With the dedicated QSPI host port, these ICs support external flash memory to extend the on-chip capacity for storing additional image and audio objects, including bitmaps and fonts.
- BT815/6 functionality includes graphic control, audio control, and touch control interface.
- Support multiple widgets for simplified design implementation
- Support Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression (ASTC) format to save considerable memory space for larger fonts and graphics images
- Support external QSPI NOR flash to fetch graphic elements(image, font, widget etc)
- Support 4-wire resistive touch screen (BT816)
- Support capacitive touch screen with up to 5 touches detection (BT815)
- Hardware engine can recognize touch tags and track touch movement. Provides notification for up to 255 touch tags
- Programmable interrupt controller provides interrupts to host MCU
- Built-in 12MHz crystal oscillator with PLL providing programmable system clock up to 72MHz
- Video RGB parallel output; configurable to support PCLK up to 60MHz and R/G/B output of 1 to 8 bits
- Programmable timing to adjust HSYNC and VSYNC timing, enabling interface to numerous displays
- Support for LCD display with resolution up to SVGA (800×600) and formats with data enable (DE) mode or VSYNC/HSYNC mode
- Support landscape and portrait orientations
- Display enable control output to LCD panel
- Integrated 1MByte graphics RAM, no frame buffer RAM required
- Support playback of motion-JPEG encoded AVI videos
- Built-in sound synthesizer
- Audio wave playback for mono 8-bit linear PCM, 4-bit ADPCM and µ-Law coding format at sampling frequencies from 8 kHz to 48 kHz. Built-in digital filter reduces the system design complexity of external filtering
- PWM output for display backlight dimming control
- Built-in Power-on-reset circuit
- -20°C to 70°C extended operating temperature range
- RoHS compliant
Point of Sales Machines, Multi-function Printers, Instrumentation, Home Security Systems, Graphic touch pad – remote, dial pad, Tele/Video Conference Systems, Phones and Switchboards, Medical Appliances, Breathalyzers, Gas chromatographs, Power meter, Home appliance devices, Set-top box, Thermostats, Sprinkler system displays, GPS / Satnav, Vending Machine Control Panels, Elevator Controls, and many more....