PikeTec is a software company in Berlin, specialized in functional testing and validation of embedded software. Based on the complex requirements of testing procedures, especially while testing safety relevant systems, PikeTec designed the test tool TPT (Time Partition Testing). TPT gathers and presents many steps of the testing process in a clearly arranged and user friendly environment. Our tool can test several software types on different levels of integration, presenting the test results in a readable and convenient way. Model-in-the-loop, as well as software-in-the-loop or even hardware-in-the-loop models can be tested. TPT has a great integration level with a variety of modeling platforms, such as MATLAB/Simulink, C-Code, ASCET or CAN-Bus.
In addition, TPT has the following features:
• create test cases in a straightforward way as models that are independent from the test environment by using a graphic user interface
• automatically generate test cases for example from Simulink models or from C-code
• run back-to-back tests and tests on different platforms
• link tests cases to requirements and track test coverage
• create test predictions and assessment criteria which can be run automatically
• automatic generation of a test frame for many test execution environments like MATLAB/Simulink, ASCET, LABCAR, or AUTOSAR
• in detail reports and documentation of test results
• software tests offering ISO 26262 conformity
• connection to the debugging tools Eclipse CDT, GNU Project Debugger, UDE by PLS and Trace32 by Lauterbach
• connection to code coverage analysis tools like CTC++
• real-time capability
• interactive testing with a graphical user interface created by the user (Dashboard)
TPT is under continuous development. With each release, new features are implemented reflecting our customers' requests and suggestions.
In addition to the development of TPT, we also undertake module tests, integration tests, system tests and the test management for our customers. We also provide training courses on the efficient use of TPT.