Insight SIP offers a comprehensive range of Bluetooth Low Energy RF modules. This range covers entry level devices designed to provide cost-effective solutions for straightforward connectivity requirements to top of the range, state of the art RF solutions featuring the latest innovations in this fast-moving technology.
All our RF modules benefit from the market-leading Nordic Semiconductor chipset. In addition, they all feature the same miniature SIP architecture, integrated antenna, and are certified for global markets.
For new designs, we recommend to most of our customers that they use one of our 15/18 Series RF modules. These are all based on the latest generation nRF52 technology from Nordic Semiconductor. The modules are designed to be pin compatible with each other, allowing a single core design to be reused for multiple application variants. All modules include a powerful M4 processor and have the same 8 x 8 x 1mm form factor.
The key models in this range are as follows
- 1507-AL This is a cost-effective entry level RF module that nevertheless still provides class leading performance in low power consumption and RF capability. This RF module is ideal when customers want to add connectivity to an existing microprocessor-based application or are looking for a core component for an application with modest memory requirements. The module has all BT 4.2 features and offers high speed and throughput features from the BT 5 specification.
- 1507-AX This is an all-purpose RF module that can be used as the core device in a wide range of applications. It has substantial memory capacity for user applications and features NFC capability for easy “touch-to-pair” functionality. The module has all BT 4.2 features and offers high speed and throughput features from the BT 5 specification.
- 1807-LR This is the RF module that has everything. It has full BT5 functionality including the “Long-Range” feature, allowing radio communication over approximately 4x distance compared with standard BT4.2. It is equipped with a huge memory capacity, USB connectivity and an ARM Cryptocell.
In addition to our 15/18 series RF modules, we continue to supply our 09 Series and 13 Series devices. Most of our customers are developing applications for Industrial and Medical applications. In these cases, long product lifetimes and future-proofing are essential.
Insight SIP has been in the BLE module market since its inception in 2010, and we have NEVER retired a product. We intend to keep producing our modules as long as our customers require them. This is one of the reasons we choose Nordic Semiconductor for our BLE chipsets. Nordic Semiconductor is the most established company in this market, and like us, has never retired a product. We believe this is a critical element for our customers who need to protect the investment they make in product design.
Other products from
Bluetooth Low Energy Modules is assigned to following product groups:
- Components (201)
- Modules (398)
- M2M/Connectivity (236)
- Hardware devices and modules for secure embedded systems (89)
- Systems for various applications (243)
- Tools (359)
- Services (467)