The Andino X1 is a microcontroller board for the Raspberry Pi in a DIN rail housing, e.g. for mounting in the control cabinet. It is used to adapt digital inputs and outputs for a voltage of 24 volts. The X1 has its own microcontroller for precise signal preprocessing and adaptation of signal generators and actuators. In addition, it takes on a Raspberry Pi (2/3). With the Andino X1, all relevant interfaces of the Pi are protected so that they meet the requirements for robust use in accordance with the relevant standards. The digital inputs and outputs are galvanically isolated and separate the Pi from voltage peaks up to 5 kV. For this purpose, the power supply was designed so that noise and voltage spikes are filtered out.
• The sensitive GPIO of the Raspberry Pi are protected.
• Fast signals can be precisely detected by the upstream microcontroller.
• Actuators and sensors can be electrically connected to the Raspberry Pi.
• It provides an industry-standard power supply for the Raspberry Pi.
• Customized adaptations from the Raspberry Pi GPIO or the microcontroller IO can be electrically protected on terminals.
• Extendable via SPI or I2C, both from the Raspberry Pi and the Arduino controller
• Provides mounting on a DIN rail for installation in distributors.