HCC's MISRA-compliant TCP/IP is a highly efficient, embedded stack developed using a verifiable process and conforming strongly to MISRA coding standards. For typical embedded applications this means the stack provides extremely high performance with documented levels of quality at no extra cost. This means your embedded Internet of Things application will provide higher reliability and confidence for you and your customers. Every stack is provided with a test suite to verify correct operation on the target system.
The stack supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Protocols include MQTT (widely used in IoT applications) and SNMP, plus all the common protocols. All software is provided with optimized Ethernet drivers and will integrate easily with any RTOS. Security can be provided by IPsec/IKEv2, TLS/DTLS, and HCC's suite of encryption standards/algorithms.
To meet application certification requirements in some industries, quality claims are supported by documented evidence from the development process. HCC’s TCP/IP stack meets many industry standards for certification in the industrial, transport, medical and aerospace industries.
An innovative approach to design has resulted in an extremely high-speed data transfer rate, with minimal system resource requirements. Tests have shown that packet processing runs up to four times faster than comparable embedded stacks, while using around 14kB of ROM, in a typical application scenario. RAM requirements can vary widely depending on application needs but are typically as low as 12kB. It is possible, with a minimum configuration UDP application, to use less than 5kB of ROM and a few hundred bytes of RAM (plus network buffers).
- No dynamic memory allocation (no malloc/free)
- Standard BSD sockets interface
- Zero copy
- Small footprint (RAM/ROM)
- High speed data transfer
- Low power consumption due to low CPU overhead
- Verified compatibility with most popular embedded RTOSes
- Efficient operation without an RTOS
- Supports multiple network interfaces
The following protocols are available for HCC’s MISRA-compliant TCP/IP Stack:
- Network Layer: IPv4 / IPv6, ICMP, IGMP, MLD, RIP, NAT, IPSec (IP Security), ND (Neighbor Discovery), ARP
- Transport Layer: TCP, UDP, IKE, DTLS and TLS, SSH
- Application Layer: DHCP IPv4 and IPv6, DNS client, TFTP client/server, SNMP, NTP/SNTP client, MQTT, ESMTP, Telnet, FTP, HTTP and HTTPS, SMTP
- Datalink Layer: PPP, PPPoE