P&E Microcomputer Systems' Cyclone FX stand-alone programmers are powerful in-circuit, stand-alone programmers that support a wide range of ARM Cortex and NXP® processor families. The Cyclone FX series are available in two different configurations, CYCLONE_ACP_FX and CYCLONE_UNIVERSAL_FX, which have the same functionality and vary only by their supported MCU's. Feature sets are the same for both. They are versatile tools that offer on-board storage of programming images, provides power to the target, supports manual or automated programming, and has an easy-to-use touchscreen interface. Programming may be launched by a single button press without a PC or automatically from a PC via the automated control SDK. The Cyclone series of programmers may also be used as debug probes during development.
Many Supported Architectures
- The CYCLONE_ACP_FX covers a wide variety of ARM Cortex devices.
- The CYCLONE_UNIVERSAL_FX covers the ARM Cortex devices as well as the following NXP device families: Kinetis, LPC, S32, Qorivva (MPC5xxx), MPC5xx/8xx, DSC, S12Z, RS08, S08, HC08, HC(S)12(X), and Coldfire.
Multiple Communications Interfaces
- USB 2.0 (High-Speed)
- Ethernet, and Serial interfaces
Extended Security Features
- Anti-tamper technology
- Internal memory protection & encryption
- Limit # of programming operations
- Limit programming to a date range
High Speed Target Communications
- The Cyclone FX improves on the already fast target communications speed of the Cyclone and is capable of speeds up to 25Mb/s.
Note: The exceptional performance increases seen with the Cyclone FX are limited to synchronous architectures: All P&E-supported ARM devices (including Kinetis, LPC, etc.), S32, Qorivva, Coldfire V2-V4, DSC, and MPC5xx/8xx. Performance is increased on other architectures, but not by as large a margin.
1 GB On-Board Storage
- The Cyclone FX may be pre-programmed with up to 1 GB internal memory with non-volatile programming images and controlled via the touchscreen LCD, start button, or remotely from a PC (serial, USB, ethernet). Stand-alone programming operation does not require a PC.
- Allows switching of the target's power supply via Cyclone "power-in" and "power-out" jacks. On-board electromechanical relays handle the power switching. Power can also be provided to the target via the debug connection.
Multiple Image Support
- Multiple programming images may be stored in Cyclone memory. The Cyclone can store up to 8 images.
Serial Number Programming
- The Cyclone can program dynamic data, such as serial numbers.
Touchscreen LCD Display
- The 4.3" touchscreen display, in conjunction with the status LEDs and Start button, allows stand-alone control and configuration of the Cyclone.