Ashling’s Tools-as-a-Service™ (TaaS™) model allows development of a comprehensive tool suite tailored and optimized for a specific device.
With the emergence of configurable processor cores (e.g. RISC-V, DesignWare® ARC®, ARM® etc), it is now possible to build highly-customized devices which are designed specifically to meet a user's application needs. However, using off-the-shelf “generic” tools will only allow a user to scratch the surface of the device's capabilities. To enable you and your end-users to get the best out of your device, you need a toolset tailored to take advantage of all the compelling unique features that your device offers e.g. Custom Instruction Extensions, Heterogenous or Homogenous Cores, Crypto Co-processors, Custom Peripherals, Hardware Threading etc.
The TaaS™ model enables us to jointly develop and rapidly bring a custom tools solution to the market. This gives your device a key competitive edge and ensures that your customers can take maximum advantage of everything your device has to offer.
BENEFITS OF TaaS™
- Rapid availability of a customized and optimized toolset for your device including some or all of the following: IDE, Debugger, Compiler Toolchain, Simulators, Hardware Debug & Trace Probes, Operating Systems, BSPs etc.
- Toolset feature priorities and roll-out are defined by you and implemented by us
- Toolset intellectual property becomes yours (or can be placed in Escrow)
- Toolset can be made available “free-of-charge” to your customers
- Toolset development, support, maintenance and quality assurance all handled by Ashling