The SX-590 is the next generation high-performance Serial/Ethernet to Wi-Fi embedded module that provides dual band 802.11ac wireless connectivity for device manufacturers who want to add robust and secure Wi-Fi. The
SX-590 features NXP’s power efficient and cost optimized applications processor, the i.MX 6ULL, featuring a single ARM Cortex-A7 core, with an 802.11ac radio, a complete TCP/IP network protocol stack, and an optimized QCA9377 wireless radio driver and security supplicant in a self-contained hardware package. It eliminates the need for the development of a wireless LAN driver and security supplicant.
Features and Benefits:
- Reduced Power Consumption. SX-590 uses a low power CPU, i.MX 6ULL, which reduces the over all system power consumption. It also supports additional power management features which help reduce power usage during periods of inactivity.
- Industry-Leading Enterprise Security. The SX-590 supports WPA and WPA2 including 802.1x Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) types. Other security features like SSH, HTTPS/TLS (e-Cable) are also planned.
- Fast Boot. Hardware boot times between 10 - 15 seconds.
- AMC Manager Support. SX-590 supports Silex propriety protocol SXSMP that allows our AMC manager software to bulk configure, manage and monitor Silex products from a Desktop application.
- Multi-Profile Support. Provides for multiple network configurations to be defined. Items such as SSID, encryption type, authentication type, certificates and local private key, PSK value, etc can be set for multiple profiles.
- Modular Certification. The module has modular certifications for North America, Europe and Japan.