Especially in the industrial environment, production and processes in the course of Industry 4.0 are increasingly digitized and mobile. Real-time position information for location-based services (LBS) thus provides the basis for the realization of location-based applications.
awiloc® is a software solution developed by Fraunhofer IIS, which has been specially developed for indoor positioning and can be easily integrated into a wide variety of apps.
With awiloc®, a position determination solution is developed that uses existing wireless networks. The positioning algorithm is not tied to any special transmission technology, it utilizes diverse communication networks, e.g. in the form of wireless LAN, GSM, UMTS or Bluetooth LE. This solution by Fraunhofer IIS makes it possible for mobile devices to independently determine their position in indoor and urban environments based on signal strength measurements.
Positions are determined with an accuracy of a few meters. Positioning in communication networks perfectly complements the well-established satellite-based Global Positioning System (GPS).
The advantages of awiloc® are:
- Continuous positioning - multi-storey buildings, underground facilities, complete cities
- Privacy-preserving positioning – position calculation on the mobile device
- Totally handset-based solution – no data communication, no central server
- Context-aware – 3D models e.g. for floor identification, room identification
- Provider independent – collect your own reference base, set up exclusive services
awiloc® is a licensable, autarkic WLAN and BLE positioning and is used in the areas of Industry 4.0 e.g. lone worker protection and forklift positioning).
See at the Fraunhofer booth (Hall 4, 470) how the awiloc® technology can be used on IoT-devices
More information can be found on the internet at: www.awiloc.com