ICYDOCK’s latest product for NVMe U.2 SSD brings the next level of ultra high speed storage in a compact package with the ToughArmor MB699VP-B. The ToughArmor MB699VP-B is a ruggedized full metal SSD cage with hot-swappable drive caddies, supporting up to 4x NVMe U.2 SSD in a single 5.25” device bay.
To fully use the speeds of NVMe SSDs, each drive bay uses its own miniSAS HD (SFF-8643) connector, maximizing NVMe U.2 SSD 's potential transfer bandwidth rate of 32Gb/s.
The MB699VP-B features hot-swappable EZ slide trays found throughout the ToughArmor series, allowing for easy swaps of U.2 drives and utilizing the hot-swapping function that U.2 SSD natively supports.
For extra protection, the EZ-slide trays are fully constructed with metal provided maximum protection to your valuable SSD inside and outside of the unit.
Not just the EZ-slide trays are made out of durable metals, the entire unit is also full metal construction, ensuring that the drives are safe and secure while inside the unit.
To bring more utility to your hard drives and SSDs, a LED is installed into the front of the mobile rack to provide drive status information at all time when the drive is powered on, off and accessed.
Active Power Technology (APT) allows each LED and the cooling fan to be active only when a hard drive is inserted into the enclosure. When the unit does power up, two 40mm cooling fan placed strategically behind the rear panel provide airflow throughout the entire cage cooling all 4 bays effectively and efficiently.
With two ball-bearing fans attached and three fan speed settings: high, low and off, depending on the drive usage, user can manually select the proper cooling option accordingly.
Never forget which drives belong in what bays. With our individual drive ID labels you’ll always know which drive tray belongs in your RAID array or which drive contains certain files. Freely unplug and rearrange them to better suit your configuration or simply remove them for a more simplified look.
The ToughArmor MB699VP-B supports 15pin SATA power cables with locking latches so you’ll never need to worry about cables unintentionally disconnecting from your enclosure. Once these cables are connected, they’ll lock into place and stay that way.
* Rugged Heavy duty full metal construction with commercially designed for Medical & Military systems, Media servers, and IPCs, approved & used by Tier 1 companies
* Perfect for rugged applications and complies to flammability requirements
* Fits 4 x 2.5” U.2 NVMe SSD (NVMe U.2 host is required to accept NVMe SSD)
* Supports NVMe 32Gb/s transfer rate
* Fits any external 5.25” drive bay
* Dual 40mm fans keep your drives from overheating
* Requires only 2 x 15pin power connectors to power all 4 bays
* Drive label plugs to keep track of your RAID drives
* Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs
* Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led & cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive installed in the bay
* Eagle-hook lock system keeps drives secured within the enclosure
* Removable tray system for easy maintenance
* Supports NVMe U.2 and hot swap
* Industry leading 3 year warranty with exceptional customer support
Other products from
ICY DOCK ToughArmor MB699VP-B Quad-Bay 2.5" NVMe U.2 SSD Full MEtal Backplane-Module is assigned to following product groups:
- Components (288)
- Modules (566)