TICO lightweight compression developed by intoPIX is known as SMPTE RDD35 and has just been brought to standardization as the new JPEG XS lightweight low latency standard.
The disruptive lightweight compression is suitable to capture, transmit, store, and manage higher resolutions (8MP; 32MP, 100MP 360°, …) with cost-, power-, and memory-savings.
A full range of IP-cores and SDKs offering the following benefits:
- Lossless quality for visualization and suitable for image analysis from 4:1 to 10:1 compression
- Pixel line latency (microsecond!)
- Any resolution from 2MP up to 100MP
- Monochrome & color formats
- 8/10/12/14/16 bits
- Tiny in FPGA, low resource usage, no external memory, low power
Applications: industrial cameras, image systems, transmission, automotive, machine vision systems, cable extenders, interfaces, …