EUROS Embedded Studio® is a universal cross-development environment based on Eclipse and designed to facilitate all phases of embedded software development. Starting from the mapping of the hardware, establishing the target and debug connections, the user can easily create an application based on the chosen microcontroller and using a real target hardware platform.
In addition, EUROS Embedded Studio® offers a number of supplementary tools that can substantially enhance debugging of embedded applications. Some examples are software real-time tracing, code coverage, RTOS-awareness (where appropriate), and many others.
EUROS Embedded Studio® provides all features of a modern development environment, including the following:
•Code writing, editing and syntax highlighting
•Context-sensitive code and auto completion
•Templates for projects and documents
•Multiple tool chain configuration and error parsing support
•On-the-fly code analysis with support for coding rules
•Integration of user-defined tools
•Powerful search & replace utility with RegEx support
•Code parsing and preprocessing
•Context-sensitive help system
Key Benefits – Summary
o Wizard-guided basic configuration as follows:
- Memory mapping of the target system applications
- Choosing one of the following target and debug connections:
- BDM, serial, USB, CAN, arcnet
- Ethernet, SDB, OCD
- Real-Time Debug Agent (EUROSrda)
- JTAG Adapter (Macraigor, Renesas, Lauterbach, Abatron, iSystem, PEEDI, etc.)
- Tool chain (compiler) settings
o Wizard-guided configuration for standalone applications
- Generation of board support package
o Wizard-guided EUROS configuration of the following components:
- Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)
- Input-/Output System
- Process Manager
- C/C++ Libraries
- Driver packages like serial, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB, Ethernet, etc.
- Graphical libraries
- File systems
- Configuration of network protocols, such as USB host/device, CANopen, TCP/IP, PROFINET, EtherCAT, OPC UA, etc.
o Wizard-guided EUROSmot configuration
- OIL configuration tool
o Support for test tools:
- VectorCAST configuration
EUROS Embedded Studio speeds up the entire development process. At the same time it minimizes potential errors, by automatically generating board support packages to performing static and dynamic tests of the application code.