Zentel Electronics was invested in 2002 by Powerchip Technology Corp. a major memory wafer manufacturer in Taiwan, as DRAM design center located in Taiwan and Japan and part of the Powerchip group of companies.
Since 2006 Zentel took over responsibilities for all further manufacturing steps from design to quality assurance of packaged chips and focused on global sales in the consumer, communication, industrial and car infotainment DRAM markets achieving ISO9001:2008 / ISO14001:2004 certifications in 2009 and developing a full range of standard SDRAM products from 64 Mb SDR versions up to 4Gb DDR3 over the following years with Powerchip Technology Corp. as exclusive waferfab. In October 2017 a merger with AP Memory Technology Corp. was completed with Zentel Electronics Corp. as now wholly owned daughter company of AP Memory.
AP Memory is a memory IC design company with focus on mobile-DRAM-based specialty memory products for mobile, wearable and IoT (Internet of Things) devices. Partnering with advanced DRAM technology fab foundries, AP Memory provides, world class performance, quality and cost, Mobile RAM KGD (Known-Good-Die) solutions to mobile communication processor SiP (System-in-Package), non-volatile memory MCP (Multi-Chip-Package) and other applications. The company product portfolio includes innovatively customized low density PSRAM (Pseudo-SRAM) and medium density JEDEC standard Low-Power DRAM. Both companies joined forces and expertise to convert AP Memory's most popular Known-Good-Die products into packaged volatile memory ICs according to established package standards suitable for automated PCB assembly lines without Chip-on-Board assembly capabilities to broaden their potential global customer base.
This is the current consolidated product portfolio:
- SDR: 64/128/256Mb 54TSOP2 Commercial/Industrial
- DDR1: 64/128/256Mb 66TSOP2 Commercial/Industrial
- DDR2: 256/512Mb/1Gb FBGA60 (x8) / FBGA84 (x16) Commercial/Industrial/Automotive
- DDR3(L): 1/2Gb FBGA78 (x8) / FBGA96 (x16) Commercial/Industrial/Automotive Temp.
- DDR3(L): 4Gb FBGA78 (x8) / FBGA96 (x16) Commercial Grade/Temperature Range only
(mobile) Low-Power DRAM-ICs
- LPDDR2: 2/4Gb BGA134 Commercial/Industrial Grade/Temperature Range
- LPDDR3: 4Gb BGA178 Commercial/Industrial Grade/Temperature Range