We offer custom, cost-effective solutions to help you fulfil your project. With our wealth of technology expertise, we can provide expert technical support and guidance at every stage of your design.
Working closely with world-leading suppliers, we act as your design partner, working with you on your design challenges and helping you make informed product decisions that are most suitable for your application.
Our team of technical experts will be able to guide you through the design process, product options and selection, technology integration and manufacturing, including prototyping and production samples.
If you just need products for your production requirements, we can also support your bill of material needs.
Our unique approach guides you through the design process from product selection and technology integration to solving design challenges. Using our expert staff and partnering with carefully selected and trusted suppliers, we provide a cost-effective solution that is right for you.
In-house experts who understand your requirements
- Expert technical sales force and field application engineers
- Many years of experience
- Dedicated design engineers who work with your development team
- Up to date with the latest technical and application developments
- Fully custom and application-specific designs, developed in collaboration with you
Access to an extensive range of products and technologies
We offer products and technology expertise across 12 specialist areas. Customers use our design-led expertise and expert consultation services to find the best technology solutions for their design, prototype and production needs. Our technology areas include:
- Cables and Connectors
- Embedded computing
- Fibre optic components
- M2M and Wireless modules
- Magnetic components
- RF and Frequency control
Our technical facilities
We have technical facilities in the UK and Germany which provide a wide range of custom services.
Imaging Competence Centre
- Design, engineering and after-sales support for OEM camera module integration
- Authorised European calibration and repair centre
- In-house service for OEMs and military/commercial end users of cooled thermal imaging equipment
European Wireless Competence Centre
- Consultancy, design and manufacture of wireless solutions
- Expertise in Bluetooth (LE), 2G, 3G, 4G, GPS/GNSS, ISM, Sigfox, LoRA, WiFi and Zigbee
- Advanced testing and validation for fibre optics, throughout all stages of application design and product lifetime
Custom Services for Magnetic Components
- Design and production of magnetic cores, inductors and transformers
- Europe’s largest distributor of soft magnetic cores and access to all known materials and shapes
- Up to date with the latest technical and application developments, including design and simulation software
Custom Services for Connectors and Fibre Optic products
- Assemble widest range of Amphenol circular connectors in the UK, with a 48-hour turnaround for core items
- Design and assemble connectors with cables, harnesses and flexes attached
- Design, assemble and test fibre optic connectors and cables assemblies, and on-site termination and repairs
Custom Services for Power Supply products and assemblies
- Assemble, configure and test customisable Excelsys power supplies
- In-house manual assembly production and test facility for low- to medium-volume requirements
- Higher volume can be built by Excelsys in Asia
Acal BFi offers you products from these product groups:
- Modules (574)
- M2M (201)
- Wired and wireless modules (251)