Neutis - a powerful system on module (SoM) for connected devices. With increasing consumer expectations manufacturers now need to implement more features in every device, but at the same time make thinner and lighter gadgets. Only slightly larger than SD card, Neutis packs a quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A53 with 512MB DDR3 and 8GB of storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth including BLE support and onboard antenna. With operating temperature ranging from -25C to 85C Neutis is ready for demanding professional applications.
Neutis was built for secure connected devices - it runs upstream Linux kernel with robust over-the-air updates. Tamper-resistant dedicated crypto chip is used for storing cryptographic keys, unique ID, performing hashing, random number generation and more, all off the main CPU for security.
With tens of thousands of devices deployed Emlid learned a lot about SoMs from the customer’s perspective. Building their own solution the company made sure that Neutis customers are covered with everything they need for hassle-free manufacturing:
- The modules will come with FCC and CE certification streamlining the certification of your final product.
- Manufacturing software tool can flash multiple units in parallel saving you time and reducing labor hours.
- Each module has a unique ID which allows you to conveniently manage your production using the manufacturing tool.
- Neutis can be obtained in China without any import duty, unlike other SoMs that may cost you 20% more on import. And for sure Neutis is shipped worldwide.
- Neutis longevity commitment is at least 10 years
Neutis development board conveniently provides all peripheral interfaces on standard ports and 0.1” (2.54 mm) pitch pins for quick prototyping.
Single unit price is $49 and volume discounts are available. Neutis modules are now being manufactured and will be available in April 2018. See the full specs and sign up for updates on Neutis website.
Neutis N5 specifications:
CPU: Allwinner H5 quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53
GPU: Mali 450 MP4
Max frequency: 1.3 GHz
RAM: 512 MB DDR3
Storage: 8 GB eMMC
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth: 4.0 dual-mode BLE
Integrated antenna or U.FL connector for external antenna
Operating temp: -25…+85 °C