The X-Chip Series is a range of low power, low pin count, next generation USB interface ICs with an extensive feature set that includes integrated USB battery charger detection capability.
Made up of devices in 13 different package options, the X-Chip series complements FTDI Chip's existing FT-R and FT-H offerings. The series supports a broad selectoin of interface sypes, such as basic UART, full UART, FIFO and I²C, as well as FTDI's proprietary FT1248 I/O (including provision for enhanced SPI).
Key Hardware Features include:
- I/O levels from 1.8V to 3.3V (5V tolerant)
- Extended operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Low operating current: 8mA (typical)
- Battery charger detection to enable higher current, faster charging
- Extensive clocking capabilities; internal clock generation and external clock out
- Internal 3.3V regulator
- Integrated crystal and Multi Time-Programmable (MTP) memory to save board space and maximize flexibility