Our software management and build system e2factory, which is optimized for industrial requirements, supports the entire product life cycle management of the embedded software components contained in our customers' solutions, especially, but not only, at board support packages level.
e2factory is subject to the GPLv3 and is available freely as a development tool.
The decisive characteristics and functions for industrial use are primarily the following:
- e2factory is easy to use: low complexity and focused functionality
- e2factory makes reliable build automation management and auditable software change management possible
- Process security with independence from particular build computers and individuals
- Reproducibility of all appropriately created software versions through checksum controls of all the initial parameters of every build process (sources, build scripts, configuration, build environment)
- Multi-user capability through client/server architecture
- transparent compilation board support packages with low complexity
- Software management on the target software and cross-compilation
- Supports community-near work (mainline compliance)
- In the context of projects the sources are obtained directly upstream (no distribution log-in)
- Packages, drivers, libraries, patches... from other sources (like yocto) can be integrated
- Integrated version management; unlimited versions can be managed in a project, traceability of changes
- e2factory allows secure, distributed work across different locations (e2factory workbench)
- Efficient and reliable life cycle management throughout the product life cycle and diverse software versions as well as different product variants if necessary
e2factory is an emlix brand and is continually maintained and further developed under emlix's responsibility. Here, there are clear paradigms in the areas of reliability, backwards compatibility and the ability to validate with central reviewing.
The emlix Test Application Framework (TAF) is a quality assurance tool for embedded Linux systems, which allows a development- and production-related quality assurance by continuous system-, module- and integration testing with a very good test coverage. Developer tests are ideally supplemented. The documentation of the results is carried out automatically and reproducible.
The emlix TAF Test Application Framework offers:
- flexible, product specific test setup
- integration of additional, product-specific tests
- standardized, automated testing
- clear versioning of each test run
- various possibilities to control test procedure and order of tests
- comparative tests of different hardware revisions
- test runs on the target or on a host against the target
- reproducible archiving of test and test runs (traceability) in database
- reproducible generation of test reports